Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fresh veggies and yogurt


Wow fresh tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, and zucchini what could be better!!?? I am using them in all kinds of things. Waiting for the tomatoes to ripen but the rest are coming along and I already had 10 zucchini picked.
Hopefully I will get a couple cantaloupes out of it also as they were a bit stunted with some watering issues.

I am also looking forward to a few books this winter and I am going to order from Nuts.com as I see they have chestnuts there.I also see they have maca powder, mullberries and a lot of things so there is also a wish list on that site. I will be perfecting my cashew yogurt as well I like the thickness now but would like it to be a bit thicker. This batch was made with cornstarch albeit not organic but hey you gotta work with what ya got!!! I have tapioca starch and agar agar here also. I think the agar agar will work best but it took me a couple times around the internet to see how they use it for other milks. I get it now and will be trying that also. It is rich, creamy and I added vanilla I swear it tastes just like some of the stuff I have bought in the store sans the soy!

Would you want to try it? I am in love with cashews and they also work on things in your head
I know this works I made cashew milk for two weeks and wondered one day why I was so upbeat and just found myself smiling!!! Try them they are also soft so no need for nut milk bags etc.
You can soak them if you wish but I usually don't I use 1 cup maybe 1 cup and 1 tablespoon to 5 cups of hot water put it in the Vitamix and turn it on. I use this for my yogurt, my creamer, my smoothies, over cereal, just for anything. I also make alfredo sauce out of these, white sauce, whipped topping you name it they just work for everything. 

Well enough on those as I can go on and on about the benefits of them also for your heart too.
I also like the fact that my things usually have very very few ingredients and no additives. 
So with that bit of news I will be off to enjoy my muesli and anxiously await the arrival of my new Cuisinart Yogurt Maker that also does the cooling!!!
Until next time 
Keep it Plantiful



No comments:

Post a Comment