Saturday, July 5, 2014


Good Saturday morning everyone!!!

Today is another gorgeous day here in Central Oregon.
I love living here lots and lots of sun and there are definitely 4 seasons. I had a great day yesterday. I spent a few bucks though last night some impulsive buys but I have looked at them for a very long time.
I own a Vitamix but I ordered the NutriBullet and the NutriBullet Dessert maker also. I love my Vitamix but sometimes I wish it was not as large, I could just take it with me etc so the bullet should address those issues. I can finally take it with me. It was a great deal on HSN also extra flex pays, free shipping etc. I also own a Yonannas but the dessert bullet seems to also do more stuff so we shall see. I have almost 12 pounds ore more of bananas in the freezer right now. I am going to continue with this tradition of buying at least 8 lbs every week and freezing them. I am lost without my smoothie everyday to keep me going till at least 6 p.m. and they do!!!!!

What are your favorite gadgets? I am quite the gadget owner however I also use them ALL can you imagine one person can use all of these.I have no regrets I am just spending a bit much this summer. My reward for working in 95 degrees and 6 days a week I guess. Well not all 6 day weeks but next week is again.
My plants at work in the garden are just growing like weeds!!! I have blossoms everywhere so I am anxiously awaiting the fruits lemon cucumbers, zucchini, cantaloupe and acorn squash. I have radishes, potatoes, Swiss chard, spinach etc growing at home. 

I am headed to town for my cashews today, some new pants as mine are worn out or too big nice problem to have. The Dollar Store for my frozen fruits they have some of the best stuff and only a dollar!!!

Enjoy your Saturday I am going to just hang out, rest my back which is on the fritz and take in the beautiful weather.

Until next time
Keep it Plantiful

Here is a recipe from Engine 2

Migas

I’ve never met a Texan who doesn’t like migas. The word is derived from the Spanish word for crumbs, and the dish is traditionally made using eggs, cheese, sausage, tortillas, and salsa. Part of the Tex-Mex food culture, it’s a dish that creates a very satisfying melody of tastes. Served with a side of healthy refried beans, corn tortillas, salsa, and fresh fruit, with this dish mornings just don’t get much better???

INGREDIENTS:

1 onion, chopped

8 ounces mushrooms, sliced

2 tomatoes, chopped

1 pound firm tofu, drained, pressed with a cloth, and mashed

1 teaspoon turmeric

3 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch squares

1 can fat-free vegetarian refried beans, warmed in non-stick skillet



Salsa (see page 00)

4 corn tortillas (enjoy them the same way you would toast, or to make little tacos)



INSTRUCTIONS:

Sauté onion in non-stick skillet on medium heat with a little water or low sodium vegetable broth for 3 minutes or until translucent.

Add mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for 7 minutes or until most of their juices have been cooked away.

Add tofu, turmeric, and tortillas squares. Cook for a few minutes, or until mixture is warmed through.

Place a generous spoonful of migas on a plate and top with salsa. Or, serve in corn tortillas for breakfast tacos!





No comments:

Post a Comment